About Our Doctors
Dr. Raj Saini
Dr. Raj M. Saini has dental degrees from India (with distinction) and the University of Toronto. He received his post-doctoral education in orthodontics from New York University and has completed a two-year, part-time program in TMJ and Facial Pain Management from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ), which is now Rutgers University. He is board certified through the American Board of Orthodontics.
In addition to his practice in Columbia, he has taught orthodontics at Howard University, the University of Maryland and New York University to post-doctoral students. Over the years, he has helped to educate over 450 orthodontic students from the United States and around the world. Currently, he is a Clinical Professor of Orthodontics at New York University.
Dr. Saini has been involved with numerous civic and professional organizations, including Rotary International, Howard County General Hospital, Family Life Center, FIRN (Foreign Board Information and Referral Network) and has served as Charter President of the Howard County Dental Association.
Dr. Saini has received many awards, both professional and service-related, including the highest worldwide recognition given by The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International for his work in eradication of Polio around the world.
He is a dedicated family man, residing in Howard County since 1970. He and his wife, Indira, have raised three children and have five grandchildren. He has a passion for his profession. Following his example, more than 15 members of his immediate and extended family, including his son and both daughters, have followed him into dentistry. There are now three generations of dentists in the Saini family.
Dr. Tarun Saini
Although he has a passion for his profession and is dedicated to serving the community, Dr. Saini’s greatest joy is his family. His wife, Shelly, is a Howard County pediatrician, and they have two young daughters. In his spare time, Dr. Saini enjoys training and participating in endurance sports. As of 2015, he has completed over 40 marathons, bike races and triathlons, including Ironman distances.
- Glenelg Country School
- Dickinson College
- New York University College of Dentistry
- Staten Island University Hospital
•General Practice Residency
Academic Awards and Recognition
- Dean’s Student Research Award – New York University
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient – New York University
- “Exceptional Interest in the Development of the Oro-facial Complex” – American Association of Orthodontists
- “Compassion for Patients with Disabilities” – American Dental Association
- Limestone Award for Distinguished Service to the College – Dickinson College
Licenses, Board Certification and Appointments
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- Howard County General Hospital, Department of Surgery
- Licensed in Maryland, Pennsylvania and New York
- Past President, Maryland State Society of Orthodontists
- Past President, Howard County Dental Association
- Board of Trustees, Glenelg Country School
- Board of Trustees, Dickinson College
- Director, Middle Atlantic Association of Orthodontists
Since 1970, Raj M. Saini, D.D.S., now known as Saini Orthodontics, has treated over 12,000 patients, including three generations from several families. Besides Howard County, patients have traveled from many parts of the United States, as well as from India, Nigeria, Norway, Portugal and Taiwan.
Saini Orthodontics is a family-owned practice, and we look forward to continuing the conversation with you during your first visit.